Our work with collaborating with others includes:
The Murray Consortium is a collaborative Governance Initiative to improve the health and wellbeing, enhanced access and equity, and coordinated service provision for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander members of the communities in the catchment for which the member agencies have some responsibility.
All four partners of the ‘Murray Consortium’ are committed to enhancing meaningful collaboration between Aboriginal community controlled health organisations and mainstream organisations, with the vision to improve health and wellbeing outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Those members are
- Gateway Health
- Albury Wodonga Aboriginal Health Service
- Mungabareena Aboriginal Corporation
- Upper Hume Primary Care Partnership.
The Indigo Consortium provides a collaborative governance model for initiatives focused on the Indigo Shire communities and catchment.
Current initiatives that are utilising this governance structure include the monitoring of the Indigo Municipal Health and Wellbeing Plan; the submission for Better Care Victoria funding to support Age friendly health services; and the current activity considering an approach to developing an ‘Age Friendly Indigo’ strategy.
- Indigo Shire Council
- Beechworth Health Service
- Yackandandah Health
- Indigo North Health
- the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services
- the Age Friendly Ovens Murray Project, Northeast Health Wangaratta.
Recently, the Indigo Consortium put together a grant application that included a video, titled Indigo Consortium: Committed to improving admissions for aged people into acute care. This video highlighted some of the issues faced by older people in care. You can view the video here.
COPD Steering Committee
The Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Steering Committee is providing governance to the COPD project, a collaboration of a number of service providers and community members whose role is to provide leadership and advice to ensure:
- the development of the project, including the evaluation strategy
- decision making over the life of the project
- oversight, which ensures that the project remains on task in relation to systems change.
- Ovens–Murray Goulburn Chronic Care Steering Committee
- Ovens Murray Family Violence Strategic Committee
- Other collaborative governance initiatives as identified.